Bigitec Studio - Privacy & Security Policy
Last updated: February 2020
Here at Bigitec Studio we care about your privacy and we respect your privacy rights.
By using a Bigitec App you permit the collection and use of your personal information as described in this Privacy and Security Policy and you agree with this Privacy and Security Policy. If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy and Security Policy, you should not use Bigitec Apps.
1. Our products, including all our computer programs for your mobile telephone, tablet, computer or other supported device (“Device”) (each a “Bigitec App”), are managed and controlled by BIGITEC GmbH, of Maximilianstr. 28b, 53111 Bonn, Germany, Company Register Number: HRB 15839 (Local Court Bonn) (“Bigitec”, “we”, “us” and “our”).
2. Our Privacy and Security Policy sets out the basis on which we process and use any personal data we collect from you or that is provided to us as a result of you downloading or using the Bigitec App
4. We strive to comply with the United States’ Children’s’ Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Please see section 6 below.
5. We comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Please see section 7 below.
II. INFORMATION ABOUT YOU RECEIVED THROUGH VARIOUS APP DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS
1. We make the Bigitec Apps available for download via a number of channels, including websites, app stores, shops and markets (e.g. the Apple Inc. App Store and Google Inc.’s Google Play) which we decide upon from time to time (each an “App Channel”) operated by third parties (each an “App Channel Operator”).
- information on your patterns of use of a Bigitec App, such as how long you use it for, how often you use it, and what you do or click when you are using it;
- the amount of content used – pages, game play or video watched – within the app each time you use it;
- the language through which you are using a Bigitec App;
- information about your Device, including (where available) your operating system, the anonymised unique device identifier code, information regarding the volume and status of data transmission, click-through statistics and the date and time you access portions of the Bigitec App; and
- what other Bigitec Apps you have installed on your Device.
3. We have no control over an App Channel Operator’s collection or use of information and cannot change what information is made available to us by an App Channel Operator by virtue of your or our use of the App Channels.
4. Your personal data is gathered from the following sources:
- when you provide it to us or the App Channel Operator;
III. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
1. We use information that we have access to about you or that you give to us in the following ways:
- to refine and improve Bigitec Apps and to deliver to you and maintain high quality products;
- to gain insight into how customers (including you) use the Bigitec Apps so that we can make improvements to its usability and diagnose or fix technology problems;
- to balance traffic to ensure our customers receive a consistent and reliable service;
- to conduct research on and analysis of on our business practices and our interactions with you, with a view to improving our service and products;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to deliver and maintain a high quality service;
- to allow you to access the Bigitec Apps and to participate in interactive features of our services when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you, if we choose to do so, about changes to our services, including the Bigitec App.
IV. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION TO OTHER PEOPLE
2. You understand and agree that we may disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
- any member of our group of companies, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
- our professional advisors (e.g. lawyers, tax advisors);
- a prospective seller or buyer of any business or assets of Bigitec or Bigitec itself;
- a third party in order to enforce or comply with any agreement, including an agreement with an App Channel Operator; and
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bigitec, our group of companies, or others; this includes exchanging information with third parties for the purposes of fraud protection insurance and credit risk reduction.
4. We do not disclose personal information about you to third parties (including advertisers or marketing companies) unless you have consented to that disclosure, but we may provide them with aggregate anonymized information about users of a Bigitec App. You agree to these practices.
5. It may be necessary to transfer your personal information to other group companies, to App Channel Operators or to our other service providers located in countries outside of the United States of America (US). This may happen where our servers, an App Channel Operator’s servers, or suppliers and service providers are based outside of the US, or where you use our services and products while visiting countries outside of the US. You agree that we may transfer your personal data on that basis.
V. TIPS AND WARNINGS
1. The use by you of any App Channel is at your sole risk.
2. From time to time game publishers are the target of third parties acting illegally and masquerading as legitimate game companies. The Bigitec Apps will never be made available to download from sources other than from an App Channel Operator approved by us. If you are in doubt about the authenticity of any source of a Bigitec App, please let us know.
3. Bigitec Apps and the Bigitec account pages in the App Channels may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates as well as to third party websites to which we have no affiliation or connection. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for the activities on those websites or for the actions of an App Channel Operator.
4. Care should be taken when using the third party apps or websites which you can access using the Bigitec App and the Bigitec account pages in the App Channel Operators. If you find any suspicious activity connected to the use of an App Channel then we suggest you contact the App Channel Operator immediately. If you find anything suspicious or encounter suspicious activity in relation to your use of a Bigitec App or our account then please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
VI. MINORS / CHILDREN
1. We do not knowingly collect or store personal data from children under the age of 18 via the Bigitec Apps. Our Apps provide numerous activities and features for children that do not require the collection of personal data from children. Any feature that may request personal information, such as a paid subscription or newsletter sign-up form is intended for use or activation by a parent or guardian of the child and is placed in areas directed to parents and grown-ups only.
2. If we become aware that a child under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete it as soon as is possible. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that a child (a person under the age of 18) has provided us with personal data without their consent, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the contact information provided below.
VII. SECURITY AND CONTROL OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
1. Although we rely on an App Channel Operators to take care of your data, much of which we only access by viewing the data through their tools, we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy and Security Policy.
2. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Bigitec; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. You acknowledge that we are not responsible for the actions of an App Channel Operator, or for any intercepted information sent via the internet, and you release us from liability in connection with any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorised manner.
VIII. ACCESS TO INFORMATION AND UPDATING, VERIFYING AND DELETING PERSONAL DATA
1. At any time, you can make a written request to have access to all the personal data information that we hold about you.
1. Any changes we may make to our Privacy and Security Policy in the future will be posted on this page, with an updated effective date at the top of this Policy. You should visit this page periodically to review any changes to the Privacy and Security Policy. If we were to make any material changes to this Policy, we would notify you more prominently and obtain your prior consent or the prior consent of a parent or legal guardian.
X. USER FEEDBACK
We welcome questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy and Security Policy. These should be addressed to email@example.com or by post to BIGITEC GmbH, Maximilianstr. 28b, 53111 Bonn, Germany.